Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chocolate Molten Pudding Cake - CROCKPOT RECIPE

Here's the ulitmate rich and fudgy dessert - part cake and part pudding! SUPER EASY and delicious! I love that I can throw everything into a crockpot and forget about it! Be sure you DON'T overcook this or you will end up with just a cake and no molten pudding, bummer! (We've made this mistake before)


(I have to admit...I didn't take this pic, and that's a first! It just looked so pretty in the recipe book and I couldn't duplicate it but, I've made this recipe a ton of times and it turns out exactly like the pic!)

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted (I use walnuts cuz I always have them on hand. I don't toast them)
1/4 cup unsweetend cocoa
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
Vanilla ice cream (optional but, Shawn thinks it's a MUST!)

Directions:
stir together all ingredients except ice cream in a large bowl. Pour into a lightly greased 3-quart slow cooker (DO NOT use a large 5 quart one, you will end up with a fully cooked cake - that was my mistake once). Cover and cook on LOW 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until set around the edges but still soft in the center. Let stand, covered, 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.

Recipe from: my sister, TRICIA