Friday, May 22, 2009

Shrimp & Broccoli with Pasta

Shrimp is considered fancy and expensive. I have it on rare occasions when I'm craving the succulent taste. This is a recipe from one of my magazines I tried for the first time and really liked it. It's creamy, delicious and pretty HEALTHY. You can't lose. It reminds me a lot of the "zucchini pasta" recipe I love (posted earlier). Great summertime dishes!



Ingredients:
~4-6 oz uncooked angel hair pasta (I use whole wheat, of course)
~1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
~4 T Canola Oil
~2 bunches broccoli, cut into florets
~3 garlic cloves
~6 T butter, cubed
~6 T chicken broth
~2 T grated Parmesan cheese
~1/2 tsp salt
~1/4 tsp pepper

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil for 1-2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil for 3 min. Add garlic; stir-fry 2 min. longer or until veggies are crisp-tender. Add butter, wine, cheese, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in shrimp; heat through. Serves 3-4