Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Bomb! Messy Taco Salad

This is the best taco salad I've ever had. We had it at my baby shower and it was a huge hit as well as our family reunion and my sister-in-law's baptism. It feeds as many or few people as you'd like, just make it bigger.


Ingredients:
~ Iceberg or Romaine lettuce, rinsed and torn (spinach and fancy lettuces don't hold up well)
~ 1 lb. ground beef, seasoned with 1 packet taco seasoning, according to package directions
~ 1 can kidney or pinto beans, drained
~ Tomato, diced (as much as you like)
~ Olives, sliced (as much as you like)
~ Chips (I like Doritos but I've had with tortilla)
~ Cheddar cheese (as much as you like)
~ Ranch Dressing (your fav brand)

Directions:
Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Be sure you use PLENTY of ranch...this is what makes it soooo yummy. If you're counting calories the day you think about making this...make something else!!

Recipe from: My sister-in-law, Liz