Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Simple & Delicious Chicken Fetuccini Alfredo

This is a super easy recipe our family loves! I always make it with half white noodles, half spinach noodles. It’s prettier, healthier, and you can’t taste the difference at all. (I didn’t have spinach noodles when I took the pic for this recipe). For Shawn, I just dish up the noodles, sauce and chicken and for the rest of the fam I top with the yummy extras.




Ingredients:
• Fettuccini Noodles (all regular or a combination of regular & spinach)
• Alfredo sauce (jarred or a sauce packet, made to package directions)
• Chicken breasts, cubed or cut into strips
Optional:
• Broccoli (I think this is a must!)
• Mushrooms
• Olives
• Artichoke Hearts

Directions:
Cook noodles according to package directions. Cook chicken fully, then pour the alfredo sauce into the pan with the chicken and heat through. Drain noodles and add to chicken and sauce. Spoon into a serving dish. Top with optional vegetables. (TIP: The noodles should be VERY, VERY saucy/soupy! I can’t stress this enough! The noodles will absorb the sauce and become dry otherwise. I wouldn’t worry at all that there’s too much sauce, just too little). Serve & Enjoy!